Saturday, May 09, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY & High Tea

I would like to wish all the mothers reading today a Happy Mothers day for tomorrow.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I took my own mother out today to celebrate and our first stop was a morning tea of lemon meringue pie and raspberry baked cheesecake and coffee at the Coffee Club at Robina Town Centre. YUM

Lunch was high Tea at The Old Teahouse Gallery and afternoon tea was ice cream at the local McDonald's. We had the best time here, as you can see with our little stand full of goodies.
We then headed off to the local fabric shop to see what we could find to build up our quilt stash. Usually when we shop together, we buy half a metre and share it. Today, as you can see, we forgot to stop ourselves putting more and more bolts onto the counter. We both went home with nearly 2 dozen fat quarters. Did we have fun? YES we sure did. I also bought my mother a beautiful Gerbra plant so she can have flowers most of the year round.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Happy mothers day to two beautiful ladies, love the fq's and the gerbra.